Wednesday 30 April 2014

where does the time go ? xxx

Hello lovely bloggy friends  i hope you are all fine and dandy ,it has  been a busy couple of months here at patchwork house , my daughter turned 15 and  my son turned 18 which i have found hard to believe and i must admit i do feel slightly daunting , i think it is the realisation that time is passing at such a pace , i can remember when they were both born and now ross is 18 and has also passed his driving test and i do feel old suddenly , life and the days seem to rush by and i feel i am  forever clock watching  , i feel sometimes i want to pull on the reins and slow things down and savour the moments 
I  am very lucky to be able to work from home which i love so much , i have never been career minded so this suits me so well as my favourite place is my cosy home and i am here for the children whenever they need me and it gives me chance to do all my jobs around the house and garden as well as my sewing work , 
I am always busy with my work ,i have had a lot of orders lately but i am having a break from orders now so i can concentrate on some new  lines and stock my shop up , here are a few things i have been working on lately
At the weekend i went to the Festival of vintage at york racecourse , and i could not resist these two gorgeous items ,my patchwork chair
And this lovely vintage case 
And to finish off here are some homey pics
Thank you as always for popping by , i always love to read your lovely comments , if you woyl like to treat yourself my shop link iswww.folksy.com/shops/patchworkandlace 

much love Francine xxx

13 comments:

  1. Your home always looks so very pretty, i just love the patchwork chair, its gorgeous. must check out your shop :)
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is cute, I think your guests and your family like to live in it, it is kind to see lovely things after return home, have a good day, bye, ania

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful home , that patchwork chair is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so much prettiness Francine, you have a beautiful home and make some lovely things!
    Happy Belated Birthday to your son and daughter!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are always lovely. I love the patchwork chair, gorgeous! Jille xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty new collection for your shop! And I love your home, it is so full of colour and patchwork.....the patchwork chair is amazing!
    Wishing you a happy weekend!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see your home again. Such a lot of prettyness and gorgeous fabrics! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very lovely, Francine - you are surrounded by your pretty makes - what a very busy girl you are! Your home is gorgeous, and I love your new chair! Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have an absolutely gorgeous blog! I love this post, my daughter and I just love all of your beautiful crochet! You have a lovely home as well,
    I hope you have a great week,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for introducing your blog to me, through G+ [which I have not figured out how to really use,] Francine! Your blog [and business] are delightful. I am now following your posts and have added your blog to my blogroll so that I can enjoy your adventures you report; and I am looking at your material selection in your Etsy shop and so admire the materials you are selling. I am 63 and share many of your interests although I have not produced as many or as varied a number of projects as you have. Wishing you happy creative days xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh francine you have brought back such memories....I used to have a little red case just like yours...I woukd use it to pack up all the little trinkets I would find when I was little....and one day when I was 5 or 6 I packed it to "leave home" and sat on the front wall for an hour or so before going back home ��

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Francine :-) I do like your blog very much. When I came by before I didn't see the comment form because for some reason the posts can only be seen on half of my screen. This time I magnified it enough to be able to read it clearly...yay!
    Happy birthdays you your young people. What a fabulous find your patchwork chair is! I love looking at all your photos....gorgeous :-)
    Tracey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete